Dental Implants for Missing Teeth, Loose Teeth or as a Denture Alternative
“The loss of natural teeth can result to significant changes in your life. Smiling, eating, and speaking clearly – may become very difficult and embarrassing to manage without the presence of your teeth”.
If you are suffering from problems with missing teeth, you do not have to worry any more. There is a long-term and effective solution to missing teeth by using dental implants.
Implants are made of titanium and act like roots of teeth. After they have been fitted and have healed in place, dentures or crowns may be attached to them. Implants can only be placed if there is enough bone structure in the jaw. When natural teeth are lost, the bone around the teeth gradually dissolves away. If too much bone has been lost, it is sometimes possible to grow bone in its place through a bone grafting procedure.
Implants Provide the Perfect Solution for Missing Teeth
In 2004 we started providing dental implants in our practice. We provide a variety of types of implants that will solve all problems of missing teeth. We use Tatum and Osteocare implant systems to provide you with the highest quality of treatment and materials. Tatum implants are used for fixed teeth and bridges. On the other hand, the Osteocare system is used for stabilising loose dentures, and for the replacement of single front teeth.
Implant treatment is more complex compared to other dental treatments, and therefore requires thorough treatment planning. The treatment time can last from 4-12 months depending on the complexity of the case.
What can Dental Implants do for You?
As missing teeth solutions, dental implants can vastly improve your appearance. The loss of a single tooth, or several teeth, can make your smile look incomplete and unattractive. Dental implants attached to crowns or a bridge can fill in the gaps caused by missing teeth, bringing back the completeness and attractiveness of your smile. In addition to improving your appearance, dental implants can also give you the confidence boost of knowing that your teeth look as naturally beautiful as they can be.
Dental implants bring about speech improvement. It is very difficult to speak clearly, and to pronounce certain sounds and words properly, with missing teeth. Missing teeth replaced with implants will restore the natural balance in your mouth and improve your speech.
Bone deterioration is one of the complications that come with tooth loss. Dental implants prevent bone deterioration by replacing the function of the natural tooth root. Placing implants soon after any extraction minimizes bone loss, and maintains good health and appearance.
How are Dental Implants Placed?
- The actual placement of the dental implant begins with a local anaesthetic in the area; this ensures that very little to zero discomfort is experienced throughout the entire implant placement procedure.
- A small hole will be made through the jaw bone with the help of a dental drill, where the lost natural tooth is located. The skills and expertise of our implant dentist guarantee that no damage will be done to both the jaw bone and the nerves in the jaw area.
- The titanium implant screw will then be placed firmly into the hole in the jaw bone, where it will be left to heal and integrate with the surrounding tissue.
- A cap is left over the implant for the duration of healing. Also a temporary crown , bridge or denture is fitted
- A healing period follows, allowing the titanium screw to heal and successfully integrate with bone tissue in the jaw. After the healing period is finished we are ready to restore the implant.
- The implant will be attached to a dental crown, or a dental bridge, which will serve as the replacement for the missing tooth (or teeth). The result is a brand-new smile with natural-looking, and comfortable-feeling, missing teeth solutions.