Smile Makeover (Smile Design)
Complete Smile Makeover
Going for smile improvements is one of the best ways to enhance your entire appearance. Your smile is one of the first things that others will notice about you, so it is important to make sure that your smile looks as attractive as possible.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a series of cosmetic dentistry treatments that have the goal of giving you the smile you have always wanted. The treatments will address every single aspect of your smile that needs to be improved; these treatments involve the teeth, the gums, the lips, and even the fine lines around the mouth that can make you look prematurely older than your actual age.
We will be with you every step of the way in your quest to get that fabulous-looking smile. All of the steps and procedures involved in each smile makeover treatment will be explained in a detailed manner, so you can be empowered to make decisions that will ultimately result to a smile you can totally be confident of.
A Smile Makeover Can be the Start of Your Overall Life Makeover!
What Treatments are included in a Smile Makeover?
The smile makeover can include two or more of the treatments given below:
- Orthodontics – Straightening crooked teeth with the use of orthodontics is one of the most dramatic ways to improve the appearance of your smile. We use invisible braces (Clearstep), as well as tooth-coloured brackets to provide you with a discreet treatment so you can have all the benefits of teeth straightening.
- Veneers – Veneers offer quick cosmetic dentistry solutions to problems such as improperly aligned or crooked teeth, chipped or broken teeth, damage brought about by tooth decay, and even teeth discolourations and stains.
- Crown and Bridge – A dental crown improves the appearance and function of a tooth that has been chipped, broken, or damaged by tooth decay. A dental bridge, on the other hand, replaces the form and function of missing teeth, bridging the gap caused by the loss of natural teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth that are stained or discoloured make your smile very unattractive. A teeth whitening treatment will effectively bring back the youthful whiteness of teeth by removing the unsightly stains. Your smiles will significantly improve and will be more beautiful with a teeth whitening procedure.
- Dental Implants – A dental implant replaces the form and function of natural tooth roots, which are lost as a consequence of missing teeth problems. The dental implant can be attached to a dental restoration such as a dental crown, or a dental bridge, to bring back healthy smiles after the loss of natural teeth.
- Laser Gum Treatments – When more of the gum tissue is shown when you smile compared to your teeth, you may have what is called a “gummy smile”. A gummy smile can make your teeth look abnormally small, reducing the natural beauty of your smile. Laser gum contouring is done to address this issue, by re-shaping or reducing the gum tissue so that more of the teeth can be seen when you open your mouth, or when you smile.
What is a Mouthguard?
A mouthguard is a dental appliance that is worn for protective cover for the teeth, gums, lips, and the oral cavity from injuries especially when playing contact sports.
The mouthguard is created to perfectly fit over your teeth and gums using your own unique measurements and specifications, so that it feels comfortable when worn and not awkward at all. An ill-fitting mouthguard can do more harm and damage especially when an unexpected trauma is dealt to the mouth area.
Protect Yourself with a Mouthguard
When an accident or injury occurs and you do not have a mouthguard on, the blunt force can break your teeth and cause the loss of permanent teeth. The trauma can also lead to injuries on the jaws, the lips, the gums, the soft inner tissues of the mouth, and the tongue.
A mouthguard works not only in covering and providing protection for the teeth and the gums, but also acts as a shock absorber so the skull and the jaws do not receive the full impact of the blunt force.
A mouthguard can be used by both children and adults to provide the necessary protection from dental injuries. Athletes who regularly engage in contact sports will benefit from the regular use of a mouthguard to ensure that their teeth and gums are as far away from serious injury as possible – even if an unexpected force is placed on the area of the mouth.
We use mouthguards from OPRO, the world’s largest manufacturers of mouthguards. OPRO mouthguards are available in a variety of colours and type – depending on the sports you will engage in, and the impact that more or less is expected from any injury while engaging in such sports.