SmileTru – 3D Printed Clear Positioners
NEW – SmileTru – Clear Positioners (Teeth Straightening)
Watch the Smile Thru Waiting Room Video
Have you always wanted that Hollywood smile but the thought of wires and brackets is too much to bear, then Smile TRU could be for you.
In most cases SmileTru plastic appliances are used on their own, but they can also be used with expander type appliances to treat more complex cases.
I believe that SmileTRu is the most versatile clear aligner system available.
About Smile Tru
Some patients have a malocclusion that is best treated with Smile Tru on the upper teeth and conventional braces on the lower teeth that are not visible on most patients. Many times this combination therapy can speed the treatment time and reduce the amount of stripping (IPR) required to properly position the teeth.
Watch the Smile Thru – Clear Aligners Video
How does it work?
- Each positioner is designed to fit over the teeth and apply gentle forces to gradually move the teeth.The positioners are worn until they feel passive(loose), usually around 14 days, you then move onto the next positioner that has further movements built in.
- This step by step approach ensures that you are only applying gentle forces to the teeth which is both good orthodontic practice and minimises any discomfort when wearing the positioner.The positioner will feel fairly tight when it is first placed and some mild discomfort may be experienced but this soon settles down.
- Impact on speech is minimal and you will soon get used to wearing them.
Watch Katy’s Story and experience with Smile Tru
Benefits of Smile TRU
- Virtually invisible
- Minimal impact on your daily life
- Removable for eating, drinking and cleaning
- Good oral hygiene can be maintained
Clear positioners are not suitable for all cases and is not a direct replacement for full Orthodontic treatment. They are however capable of treating a wide range of case types in the adult sector. Please make an appointment with Dr Laskowski to see if you are suitable for SmileTru.
Smile TRU IPR
Some patient’s teeth can not be correctly positioned until the size of the dental arches are developed. This type of malocclusion can be pretreated with orthopedic appliances that can not be seen and to not interfere with speech.
Smile TRU & Conventional Braces
This is an example of a patient treated with Smile Tru appliances. This type of malocclusion is usually corrected in eight to twelve months. Some cases may require a minor amount of stripping (IPR) between the teeth to create adequate space to properly position the teeth