Implants for Stabilising Dentures
Dentures provide adequate replacements for both the form and the function of missing teeth. However with the passage of time dentures become loose, ill-fitting and uncomfortable. Dentures that move uncontrollably inside the mouth can be the source of discomfort and embarrassment.
Do you suffer from loose dentures that have become painful and embarrassing to wear?
Dental implants can stabilise them and bring back your natural-looking (and comfortable) smile. Why suffer from the inconvenience, discomfort, and embarrassment of loose dentures when you can have them firmly stabilised with the help of dental implants?
For stabilizing dentures we use Osteocare mini implants. These implants are smaller than conventional implants making them easier to fit. This means the clinical procedure is less uncomfortable and the healing afterwards very quick and pain-free. The denture is fitted onto the implants and can be used immediately.
The Benefits of Denture Stabilisation
- Restores proper chewing ability allowing a more varied diet
- Improves speech and confidence
- Less irritation of the gums and increases comfort
- No more denture adhesives
- Can use your existing dentures
- Easy placement of implants
What can You Expect from the Dental Implant Treatment?
- The implant treatment starts with the formation of a detailed treatment plan, which includes every procedure that needs to be done before, during, and after the placement of the implants.
- This treatment plan will be discussed with you in detail by the dentist; any questions or concerns that you may have at this stage will be addressed so you can proceed with confidence with getting the dental implants that you need.
- We will also provide you with other available treatment options (whenever applicable) to give you the power to make the best decisions regarding your missing teeth solution.
- We will encourage you to tell us what your goals are with regards to the implant treatment, so we can work together in achieving the missing teeth solutions – and the beautiful smiles – that you want.
- Diagnostic images of your teeth and jaws will be obtained to provide a solid basis for the implant treatment plan.
- Your medical history will also be checked in detail, to ensure the suitability and safety for an implant treatment.
- Any existing medical conditions, as well as medications you are currently taking, will be noted to facilitate a treatment that goes smoothly and without complications.